Our Barrow Media Center Blog provides weekly updates about our media center. We include news about new books, pictures of media center events, resources for reading, connections to the community, and book related events nearby. We hope that you will subscribe to our blog through your favorite RSS reader or through email. Please feel free to leave comments on our blog as well.
The vision of the David C. Barrow Elementary Media Center is to be a learning commons flowing with innovation, collaboration, curiosity, adaptability, critical inquiry, and transliteracy.
The mission of the David C. Barrow Elementary Media Center is to offer forward-thinking instruction and programming that develops innovative leaders who create content that reaches a global audience.
The David C. Barrow Elementary Media Center is grounded in the beliefs that:
- Locating, organizing, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing, and ethically using information is a crucial piece of being a responsible, digital citizen.
- Reading is a window to the world which can be experienced in a variety of formats for pleasure or growth.
- Creating information and story is just as important as consuming information and story.
- Access to information and story across multiple platforms is essential to learning.
- Technology is a pathway to a global audience.
- A collaborative of expertise is present in every environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability are important both in physical space and learning opportunities.
- Persisting through challenges strengthens understanding and confidence.
- Reflection and self assessment promote excellence.