Our 2nd graders have been hard at work learning about 4 civil rights leaders and preparing a project that has become known as the Barrow Peace Prize.
A few details about what has happened before the final products you now see:
- After learning about people who have won the Nobel Peace Prize, students brainstormed a list of character traits that are needed in order to win the Barrow Peace Prize.
- Students researched 1 of 4 civil rights leaders using a Google doc from Google Classroom, Pebble Go, Encyclopedia Britannica, Destiny Discover, and books. All research was done in the library.
- In art, students created a watercolor image of their civil rights leader.
- In writing, students crafted a persuasive essay about why their civil rights leaders should win the Barrow Peace Prize (named after our school).
- Using Flipgrid, students recorded their essays and art.
Now, the students are ready for you! They need you to visit their videos, listen to & like their work, and most importantly vote on which of the 4 civil rights leaders should win the 2018 Barrow Peace Prize. In late February, we will connect with Flipgrid via Skype and announce the winner.
Please share this project far and wide so that we can get as many votes as possible. All videos and the voting form are linked together on this Smore:
Voting ends on February 23, 2018 at 12PM EST!